Tuesday 5 February 2013

Foolish worship

We were leading worship the past Saturday and the concept is foolish worship. It is said in the Bible that our belief in a savior is foolish according to human wisdom and that when David stripped off his clothing because he was so into worship, he was also seen as foolish in people's eyes. Indeed, my belief in God may seem foolish according to this secular world, but it does not stop the flow of music from my heart.

It was hard getting everyone to enjoy in the freedom of worship, because we are all so restrained from how people see us (including myself). I was sad to realized I am still like that. I couldn't dance as if no one was watching me. I mean how could I when I was literally on stage. But how I wish I could have though. I wished I could sing as if I was in the shower. I wish I could dance as if my Dad is watching me. I wish we could all just sing and dance as if life is a musical. Of course, someone would then tell me that is absurd. Life is not a musical and it should be taken seriously, because time is ticking away and I should get real and do what I was expected to do.

Still, I refused.

No comments:

Post a Comment