Tuesday 1 July 2014

July 1st Prayer

Dear God
I have trouble talking to you.
So I am texting you right now.
I have not been the most faithful servant recently.
You know that.
I have been lazy; just drifting through life as if I have all the time in the world, but I know I don't.
I asked for your grace to keep moving.
In "Spiritual Java" by Bill Johnson et al. Banning Liebscher said that grace is "God's empowerment to do what we are called to do."
What's my focus and my centre now God.
I am in the middle of an intersection again.
You know I don't plan ahead--one of my most deadening weakness.
YMCA is over. PA is over. Make-a-wish still in progress, but I haven't been as involved as I wish.
I applied to PDP. I am awaiting my next opportunity.
But what I fear the most God is that during this process I'll miss the target.
You
You are all I want, and all I need.
I have dedicated a quarter of my life in belief, now I like to dedicate another quarter of my life in service.
But I want to love you Lord, because I know if I don't, nothing else matters.
I know I sway a lot--a little to the left and then a little to the right.
Set my heart straight God.
I like to fall for you, head over heel for you, so that I may have more grace in my life; the confidence of knowing you and your sovereignty.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment