Friday 17 July 2015

God is love?

Deuteronomy 31-34
 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

13 Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the Lord your God as long as you live in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.”


20 When I have brought them into the land flowing with milk and honey, the land I promised on oath to their ancestors, and when they eat their fill and thrive, they will turn to other gods and worship them, rejecting me and breaking my covenant.

26 “Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God. There it will remain as a witness against you.

32
Listen, you heavens, and I will speak;hear, you earth, the words of my mouth.
and all his ways are just.

    


He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.


For the Lord’s portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted inheritance.


Jeshurun[c] grew fat and kicked;
filled with food, they became heavy and sleek.


They sacrificed to false gods, which are not God—
They abandoned the God who made them
and rejected the Rock their Savior.
gods they had not known,
gods that recently appeared,
gods your ancestors did not fear.
and angered me with their worthless idols.


They made me jealous by what is no god
I will make them envious by those who are not a people;
I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.
and discern what their end will be!


If only they were wise and would understand thisHow could one man chase a thousand,or two put ten thousand to flight,
unless their Rock had sold them,
unless the Lord had given them up?


“See now that I myself am he!
There is no god besides me.


I put to death and I bring to life,
I have wounded and I will heal,
and no one can deliver out of my hand.

Then the Lord said to him, “This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.”



People ask the question of "why" a lot. Why does God hate? Why is this happening if "God is love". Why is God "jealous"?

If we think of our relationship with God as an intimate relationship between a man and a woman, God has all right to be "angered" by the infidelity of his people. How vast can this love be if God is "jealous" of his people turning their back on Him and forgetting about Him.

God knows. We live as individual living day to day by the choice that we made. Are these the choices that we made or the decisions that were placed or manufactured into our head? I believe those are our choices and our decisions.

God knows collectively what the Israelite has done and will do. I believe God has a master plan. Within the plan, there are sub-choices that we have a say in. We can choose to participate or not.

What God wants us to know is that He is THE ONE. There is no one else. Who else can set the world in chaos unless He gave permission. He gave permission for things to happen--"bad" things--because as the CEO, He has to make critical decision. Individually, they may not seem like the wisest choices; they may even "cruel". But ultimately, He loves us enough to let the END to not come to us.


A different perspective. A different definition of LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment