Sunday 19 July 2015

stories and connections

I know I can count on you.
You and I, we work well together.
There is no one I rather go to for help.
See here, you have given me an idea.
Hey, I came up with the idea!
Haha.
Alright, it was simultaneous.

We form connections through stories.
Remember you can't receive without giving first.
We form connections by giving a piece of ourselves away.
Some of our connections will be brittle. It will be temporary, but some will last. If not by our intentional meet-ups, then by the value we now share.

Everything takes time,
Falling in love takes time.
That's exactly why place-based education is of the essential.
You can't except everyone to fall instantaneously in love with nature
especially when they have been sheltered for so long.
I know I didn't.

Expecting children to form a connection with their environment takes time.
It takes time.
It takes time to form stories.
It takes time to sniff, to touch, and to simply be.
To be among them but not above them.
It takes time to CARE.
So spare a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment