Monday 10 August 2015

wholeheartedly

13
3But to the tribe of Levi, Moses had given no inheritance; the Lord, the God of Israel, is their inheritance, as he promised them.

What does it look like if God is our only inheritance. The Levites are worshipers; they serve God. However, unlike their sibling tribes, they receive no material inheritance. What does that look like nowadays if I choose to abandon all else and follow God? Would that make me a lunatic? I personally think God wants to chase after my passion, because it is He who puts it in me in the first place. I think God loves it when I think about Him and his people when I am in the midst of a project. As I grow, my capability and influence also grows. Thus, if God is my immediate background, everything will see "Surely, that is the essence of God in her."

14
but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear. I, however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly. 

I remembered one thing and one thing only when I attended service in Kauai. A grateful heart is a peaceful heart. One who follow God wholeheartedly should know that God has it altogether. So Caleb is not afraid, the God inside of him is greater than what he sees on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment