Sunday 11 January 2015

why are people late?

This is my analysis on late people. People who also arrive just after the bell rang. They are never early nor ever on time.
I have full access to the mind of an habitual late person--that is "me".

Why am I late?
I blame my optimism.
Remember when people used to ask, "What do you see? Half empty or half full?"
Well, my answer has always been "full". "The glass is half full." No doubt about it.
That is exactly the same reasoning behind my lateness. I see time as "half full". "I still have plenty of time left. Let me use the time I have to perfect the thing I am working on right now."
I don't think that's a bad way to look at things. I don't mean to be late on purpose. I simply see time as sufficient and never lacking.
I blame my optimism.

What I should have been taught years ago is to see the glass as half empty, so I will panic like I am always running out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment