Wednesday 11 February 2015

simmering root system to a forest fire

I was waiting for the time to come, so I can write my blog. But it never came. I was looking for all the potential scholarships I could apply for to fund my education. As an individual, who's most prideful of her ideas and innovations, she believes she has a shot at these things. That is until she realized that she will be competing with many others across Canada...

So, an update on my condition.

I am alright. No worry. (self-comforting)

I just need to cry. After I cried, my eyes will puff up the next day, and I will be okay again. It is like cleaning up my room; I usually throw everything in a pile and then carefully put them away one at a time. Kind of crazy and chaotic in the process, but the work will get done.

As for everything else that was on my mind? Well, they are not around now. I think I tossed them.

I heard an interesting analogy of "unforgiving" on the radio today. Because it was quite interesting, I thought I should share it.

Do you know why forest fire are such a nuisance? Do you know why it keeps coming back? Even though the fire above the ground seems put out, the root system underneath is actually simmering. It is just waiting for the temperature above the ground to reach a certain temperature, then it would flare again. Likely, when we are unforgiving to those who put an axe in our flesh, we would be trapped in a cycle of unpredictable burning. In the words of Max Lucado, "We are just one comment away from exploding."

Don't do that to yourself, nor to others. Let the grace of God sips deeper into the root of your bitterness and release you from years of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment