Monday 2 February 2015

sofa project

It first came to us in a set. Dressed in its coat of red with yellow stars patterned all across. It was my feet's comfort in its time of fatigue. Years gone by and it was no longer anyone's favorite. It was tossed to the side because it was filthy, old, and ugly. An attempt was made to salvage the poor thing. It was unfortunately to no avail. Memories of its perkiness was long gone. A star no more, it was cover in shame with rags found here and there. At least someone cared, like this family man of seven.

Finally, the little girl was all grown up. She has waited long and hard to finally be able to cloth it. Black--that's all she need to refurbish its former glory. Now back in one piece with the rest of the furniture, it shines like a knight in shiny armor.




In short, I did my first project. I sewed a cover for the sad looking sofa piece. The put together rag look was my dad's first attempt to save the poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment